Are you ready to start thinking about the fall yet?
We still have pretty hot weather here in Philly as we close out August, but I think the tide will be turning and we’ll be getting those cool temperatures at last! Fall is one of my favorite times of the year – there are great beers on tap, pumpkin is in everything, and I can’t wait to see how my new neighborhood looks with the fall foliage!
Another great thing about the fall? Fall racing season! It’s Tuesday and as part of Tuesdays on the Run with Marcia, Patty, and Erika, we’re talking about our upcoming fall race schedules! I’ll share what I have on tap these next few months!
I’m also sharing with Jill Conyers for the Fitness Health and Happiness linkup!
My Fall 2016 Races
For me, 2016 has been a great year of running. The spring was very active with 8 races, 1 mud run, and I had 3 PR’s. It doesn’t get any better than that!
For the rest of the year, the #1 priority is training for and completing the Philadelphia Marathon. While I do wish that I could do more races since there are so many great ones to choose from, I’ve gotta keep my eye on the prize!
- Rock ‘n Roll Philly 5K on 9/17. I ran this 5K for the first time a little over 2 years ago. It’s a straightforward out-and-back on MLK Drive near the Art Museum. I’ll be taking it easy and enjoying the view!
- Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon on 9/18. I’m really excited about running this half. I’m always very sentimental about RNR Philly because it was my very first half marathon back in 2011 and is still my PR with a 2:10:53. I’m still not sure what my strategy will be for this race, but I plan to have fun and enjoy the change of course on Fairmount Avenue.
I’m a Rock ‘N Blogger this year, and you can sign up for upcoming Rock ‘N Roll Races and save $15 on the marathon or half marathon with code RUNWITHNOREGRETS!
- Perfect 10 Miler on 10/23! This is my first time running this race taking place in New Jersey. I’m looking forward to a beautiful autumn day and I think it’ll be awesome running the largest all women’s 10 miler in the country!
I’m an ambassador for this race, and you can sign up for the 10 miler or the Bosom Buddy Relay for $5 off with code PERFECT10JANELLE.
- Philadelphia Marathon on 11/20! Obviously, this is the big race of the year for me. Back in 2012, I ran the Philadelphia Half Marathon and really enjoyed the first 6 miles and plodded my way through the rest – still my worst performance ever. I was supposed to run the marathon way back then. Now, I’m 4 years older, over 10 pounds heavier, but much, much smarter about my running. It’s going to be a big game-changer for me in my running journey. I can’t wait.
- Turkey Trot on 11/24? Every year I say I’m going to do a Turkey Trot and every year something goes wrong. I’m not even sure if my body will be able to handle a 5K after the marathon, so it may be more of a walk than a run. Last year I went to Buffalo and had a bad cold so I could only watch. I had so much FOMO!
Spectating Buffalo’s Turkey Trot last year
- Rocky 50K on 12/3….Let me make this clear, I am NOT running the entire 50K! I’ve been thinking about maybe doing a few miles in Rocky’s honor, but I’m not sure yet! I’ve mentioned on the blog that this is a fun Philly race and it’s completely self-supported. People dress up in Rocky costumes and run the entire route that Rocky ran in the movies. It’s a very feel-good race, but we’ll see.
- Jingle Jog in Philly? There are always a few jingle jogs taking place around the city, so hopefully I’ll be able to find one to enjoy! Maybe I’ll even wear an ugly sweater!
What races are on your calendar for the fall? Which one are you most looking forward to?