Need to spruce up your music playlist? Tunes Tuesday has arrived once again!
It’s the Tunes Tuesday linkup hosted by Steff from Run Steff Run, Kimberly from Kooky Runner, and me! The theme this week is to share your favorite current music, and this week I’m all about Foster the People, one of my favorite bands right now!
In case you missed it, here were my previous featured favorites:
We’re so excited to have you share your favorite music with us each week!
Tunes Tuesday: Foster the People
Foster the People is known as an “indie rock trio” that creates “melodic and atmospheric, dance-oriented pop”. That sounds about right to me! Mark Foster, the lead singer, has one of those one-of-a-kind voices that really shines. I love the way they incorporate electronic and traditional instruments in their music.
I have been a fan of Foster the People pretty much since they debuted in 2011. I don’t even remember how I got hooked on them but it wasn’t long before I bought (yes bought, lol) their first album and went to their concert at the Mann Center in Philly (one of my early dates with Bret). Since then, Foster the People is a permanent fixture on my music playlists!
Check out this Spotify playlist featuring some of the best songs from Foster the People. My personal favorites are listed below!
Featured Songs – Foster the People
- Pumped Up Kicks – Of course ,this is a classic, everybody knows this song!
- Houdini – This may be my favorite Foster the People song of all…the music video is fun too!
- Helena Beat – When this song starts up I’m ready to move!
- Don’t Stop (Color on the Walls) – This is another song that got pretty popular in TV commercials. This definitely motivated me during my latest half marathon!
- Call It What You Want – I love the lyrics in this song!
- Waste – The chorus is great…love it!
- Life on the Nickel – This is definitely one of my favorites!
- Warrant – It starts out chill, and then the fun begins!
- Are You What You Want to Be – This song easily gets stuck in my head because the chorus is so catchy!!
- Ask Yourself – A little more mellow but a cool song!
- Coming of Age – Almost reminds me of a Killers song…but I like that!
- Nevermind – Another song that’s on the mellow side, the guitar sounds great in this one!
- Pseudologia Fantastica – Great song right here, very cerebral!
- Best Friend – This is definitely one of my favorite tracks! I love the lyrics!
Join Us Every Tuesday and Share Your Tunes!
- Write your post on the topic of the week. You can also include a playlist focusing on the week’s topic!
- Link back to KookyRunner, Run Steff Run and Run With No Regrets. Make sure you mention the link up, you never know who is reading and would love to join in on the fun!
- Add your link to the link up at one of our blogs. Please remember to post the link to your actual post and not just your blog, it makes things a lot easier!
- Make sure you visit the other posts in the linkup and leave a comment! This is about building a community and showing the other bloggers how much you appreciate them joining the link up!
For this specific link up we will operate on a four-week schedule. Each week will have a specific theme. You can take the theme any way you choose, be creative and just have fun with it!
- First Tuesday – Motivation Music (Music that inspires you) – We hope you join us next week!
- Second Tuesday – Random Music (One-Hit Wonders, Dance Songs, etc.)
- Third Tuesday – Pump Up Music (Fast-paced jams that get your heart pumping!)
- Fourth Tuesday – Your Current Favorite Music (Favorite song, band, music artist or type of music)
- In a month with five Tuesdays, we’ll have a free week!
I’m also joining Marcia, Patty, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run!
What type of music are you enjoying lately?