The start of a new month is the perfect time to review what has gone well and what improvements and adjustments can be made moving forward. So with that said, it’s time for my monthly goal recap for April!
Honestly, I still can’t believe how quickly April flew. I know I say that every month, but I really mean it this time! How did your health and fitness goals fare for April, and what are your new goals for May? I’m joining Ange and Carmy for the Monthly Goals Linkup! Head over to their sites and see how everyone is doing with their goals!
April Running Goal Recap
I was really surprised when I looked at my total running mileage for April. Even though I ran a 10K and a 10 miler and seemed to be so busy with running and racing, I only ran about 68 miles for the month. Still, I’mvery happy with the runs that I did complete and how can I complain about nabbing 2 PR’s? On the other hand, when you look at my actually running goals for April, I didn’t do the greatest job. Oops!
- Foam roll after every run. Grade: A-. It’s starting to become a habit! There may have been one run this past month where I didn’t foam roll, otherwise, I’ve made the time to do it and I feel better for it!
- Plank 5 minutes per week. Grade: C. I planked during the week either as a workout or during yoga class but I didn’t do a very good job of tracking my times.
- Meal prep and plan 3 dinners per week. Grade: F. I made a couple of dinners last month, but there was nothing prepped or planned about these meals.
May Running Goals
We’re a few days into May and I’m really excited to have new goals to focus on. My mileage in May is going to ramp up as I gear up for a pretty busy period of racing – the Buffalo Half Marathon (5/28), Ragnar Relay Pennsylvania (6/2-6/3), and Rock ‘N Roll Seattle Half Marathon (6/18). Here are my new goals for the month of May:
- Run a strong race at the Buffalo Half Marathon. I have high hopes for the Buffalo Half…after having an amazing Love Run Half Marathon, I’m planning to do even better in my hometown race. I still have quite a bit of work to do, so we’ll see how it goes! I’m very optimistic and no matter the outcome, I want to be able to end the race feeling proud.
- Dedicate more time to self-care. I need to do a much better job of pampering myself. I’m long overdue for a hair appointment, I have a massage gift certificate from Christmas that I still haven’t used, and a pedicure doesn’t sound bad either! It’s very rare when I get a chance to just relax and have nothing on my schedule. Since I have so many free weekends in May, I’m going to make this a priority.
- Go out to eat/get take out no more than 2x per week. Creating meal planning goals clearly isn’t working, so this month, I’m changing my approach and will instead focus on cutting back on using takeout food as a substitute for cooking a proper dinner. We love going out on the weekends, but I really need to rein it in. We actually miss eating healthy meals at home!
How did you do in April? What is one of your health/fitness goals for May?