We made it!! It’s Friday at last! I hope all my readers who run had a wonderful National Runners Day. For me it was a great day to reflect and to do a killer workout!
Today I’m linking up with the DC Trifecta: You Signed Up For What, Eat Pray Run DC, and Mar on the Run for Friday Five. The theme this week is all about Summer!
Being a summer baby, summer is by far my favorite season! The only thing is that it goes by so fast and there’s always so much that I want to do! But here’s a list of 5 of my plans for the next few months:
- Train for the Rock and Roll Philly Half Marathon. God willing, this will be my “triumphant return” to long distance running. I’ll be contacting Coach Kristy very soon to work on a training plan, and I couldn’t be more excited about it!
- Go Camping! I have loved camping at state parks for what feels like my entire life. I have so many fond memories and it saddens me that there are so many people who’ve never done it! I still don’t know where we’re going yet, but it’s going to be awesome hiking and relaxing in nature!
- Study for the PE Exam. I am very nervous about this one. I just submitted my application to take the Principles and Practices of Engineering Exam, which if I pass will make me a licensed, Professional Engineer. No big deal right?! Well, things will be ramping up very soon, so I may not be able to blog as frequently as I’d like while it gets down to the wire. This by far is my biggest goal for 2014!
- Jamaica! My sister and I have an awesome trip planned this summer, and I’m so excited about it! We’ve never been there before and we’re looking forward to being away from it all…though I’m sure we’ll both be doing a little work on the side. Any tips on things to do, please let me know!
|My sister and I in the Bahamas in 2009
- Try new hairstyles! It’s hard to believe that it’s been over a year since I’ve had my hair straightened. I decided that I was tired of the excessive heat and the loss of my natural curl, to the point that stylists think I’ve used chemicals in my hair. So with that being said, I need to find a great summer hairstyle…again, I’m open to suggestions. This was on my vision board too!
|My Vision Board
What are your plans for the summer, and what are you most excited about?