Welcome to the first hump day of 2017….haha, I couldn’t resist!
I hope you’ve had a good week so far. Many of us are returning to work after a lovely holiday vacation. I enjoyed my time off but to be honest, I’m glad to be getting back to my regular routine!
Now that December is really in the rear-view mirror, it’s a good time to look back and review what my running goals were for the month and see how well, or poorly, I did. And instead of dwelling on my shortcomings, I’ve got plans to make January even better!
I’m joining Ange and Carmy for the Monthly Goals Linkup! I’ve really enjoyed participating and keeping myself accountable each month. Be sure to check them out!
I’m also linking up with Susie, Debbie, Lora, and Rachel for the Running Coaches Corner and Annmarie, Nicole, Jen, and Michelle for Wild Workout Wednesday!
December Running Goal Recap
December was a long and extremely month but unfortunately, running wasn’t a big priority for me. It took forever to recover from Thanksgiving hosting and then I had to start getting ready for Christmas! I’m ashamed to say I still haven’t sent out Christmas/New Year’s cards…it’s probably too late at this point. But regardless, let’s look back on how my running goals fared for December!
- Focus on building full-body strength. Grade: B+. This went pretty well in December! I continued to take yoga, spinning, and barre classes throughout the month and I know that it has made a difference in my overall strength. I tend to neglect my core, so yoga and barre have been crucial in getting stronger!
- Overhaul my meal planning. Grade: C. I made some improvements but this still isn’t where it needs to be. Bret and I have agreed on days where we’ll be responsible for dinner, so that’s helped a lot. I still need to make more meals in advance and make it part of my routine.
- Run 2x per week. Grade: D. While I thought this was a reasonable goal, my motivation to run was almost nonexistent in mid-December, and I only had 6 runs the entire month. Thank goodness half marathon training starts this week and I’ll get back to routine!
January Running Goals
It’s a new month and a new year so I’m all about hitting the ground running, pun intended! I was far too “sleepy” in December but now I’m getting rid of my excuses and getting back to being serious about my running! We’ve been blessed with pretty decent weather so far this winter, so I need to take advantage of it!
- Commit to a training plan for the Love Run Half Marathon. I’m currently not working with Coach Kristy, so I need to find myself on the right track for half marathon training! I’m not sure if I want to find a plan online or work with a coach, but I know I need to get back to consistent running!
- Complete the #CFGStreak for January. City Fit Girls is hosting a running/workout streak for the month of January, and my goal is to make it to the end! Even if I’m just doing pushups and planks for a few minutes, I want to make sure I keep active every day!
- Make 2 wholesome meals each week. Towards the end of December, I finally got inspired to make healthy meals! Now I want to commit to that. I have so many healthy dinner recipes on my Pinterest board; I just need to pick one and make it happen!
Since my workouts have been pretty lackluster these days, I don’t have much of a workout recap to share. Trust me when I say I ran a few days, practiced yoga, and did lots of barre. Unfortunately, barre makes my calves cranky and running has just been so sluggish lately! The good news is that next week I’ll be back in the groove of sharing regular weekly training recaps!
How did you do with your goals in December? What is your biggest health/fitness goal for January?