Welcome to the month of February!
I hope that January prepared you for a great start of the year. Remember those New Year’s Resolutions? Hopefully you’re still working towards them as we now enter a new month. I know that I’m working on a few but still slacking on others!
Since it’s the start of a month, I’m joining Ange and Carmy for the Monthly Goals Linkup! I’ve really enjoyed participating and keeping myself accountable each month. Be sure to check them out at their blogs! We’re also sharing our monthly goals over at Tuesdays on the Run with Marcia, Patty, and Erika!
And to round things out, I’m also linking up with Susie, Debbie, Lora, and Rachel for the Running Coaches Corner and Annmarie, Nicole, Jen, and Michelle for Wild Workout Wednesday!
January Running Goal Recap
If I look back on January, I’m really happy that I got out of my December slump and started to get back in the groove! I ended December with only about 24 miles of running and over 830 miles for 2016, a new record! I’m happy that I was able to kick off January with ~53 miles! Here’s how I fared on my goals last month:
- Commit to a training plan for the Love Run Half Marathon. Grade: A. I signed up for a free trial of training with Coach Laura of This Runner’s Recipes and I loved the plan! This past month I’ve had some solid runs, I’m doing well strength training, and I’m foam rolling more consistently! I decided to keep working with Laura and joined her virtual training group! It includes a customized plan and group support! It’s very exciting.
- Complete the #CFGStreak for January. Grade: F. Technically, I failed since I didn’t work out every single day in January, but I did do some form of exercise 29 out of 31 days, which is amazing! So I’m not too upset about the result…I was extremely active in January!
- Make 2 wholesome meals each week. Grade: C. This goal may have been a little bit too ambitious but I did make 1 wholesome meal each week, and I’m proud of that! These recipes included: spicy shrimp with curry and rice, turkey chili mac and cheese, and black bean tacos. I also prepped tuna for my lunch.
While my letter grades technically average to a C, I’m going to give January a B-. It took me a couple of weeks to get really inspired this month, but now that I’m working with Coach Laura and I’m using my Passion Planner more consistently, I’m finally getting on the right track!
February Running Goals
I’m so looking forward to a solid month of running in February! While January didn’t go as well as I hoped in the cooking department, I’m still inspired to prepare more healthy meals so I plan to step things up! Check out my goals for the month!
- Run 4 days a week. When training for races, 4 days a week is my sweet spot for running. I hope to be consistent with this in February! It’s a short month, but I’d like to increase my mileage from January and set myself to be in a good place as I get closer to the Rock ‘N Roll DC Half Marathon and the Love Run Half Marathon, my first goal race of the year!
- Have a blast at Disney Princess Weekend. While it’ll be my first official race of 2017, I really want the Princess 10K to be a FUN experience. No worrying about pace, no stress! My sister and I are going to have an amazing time!
- Cook 10 healthy meals in February. I need to push myself to do more of the cooking at home. I’m hoping that setting the bar high will help! I need to find more recipes that are EASY to execute and don’t take too much time (besides crockpot meals). Any favorite recipes you recommend? I’m going to see if my dietitian has more ideas that she can share with me. I definitely need to increase my veggie intake throughout the day!
How did you do with your goals in January? What is your biggest health/fitness goal for February?