How is the first week of September nearly a wrap? Time continues to fly by! But I thought now would be a great time to look back at my running goals from August and share my new goals for September!
I’m linking up with Marcia, Patty, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run, Susie, Debbie, Lora, and Rachel for the Running Coaches Corner and Annmarie, Nicole, and Jen for Wild Workout Wednesday!
August Running Goal Recap
August was a great month of running! I’ve been training for the Rock ‘n Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon coming up in October and it has been going really well! It felt great to get back to a higher mileage as I closed out August with a little under 84 miles. I had a fun 5K in Nebraska where I PR’d and really enjoyed running along the Delaware Towpath in New Hope, PA. Here’s a look at the goals that I had for the month:
- Go to barre at least 1x/week: Grade: B. I did a pretty decent job with being consistent but there was a week where I wasn’t able to make it to class on the weekend due to my traveling in August.
- Practice yoga 1x/week: Grade: D. I hardly practiced any yoga in August, and when I did, it was usually a fusion class with weight training. It’s been hard to find a “pure” yoga class and doing a video at home just isn’t going to happen.
- Foam roll/stretch after each run: Grade: B. I’ve done a decent job of rolling after my runs, though there were a few days that I skipped that step. My calves have needed special attention so I find myself doing more stretches even between my runs. I’ll be sure to keep this up as the mileage increases!
- Continue to limit empty calories during the week: Grade: B-. I’m not nearly as strict about the empty calories as I used to be, thank goodness. I’m definitely enjoying my treats, but I’m not overdoing it. I’m also getting shamed by the family on a regular basis about my desire for sweets, lol!
September Running Goals
- Have fun at the Rock ‘n Roll Montreal Half Marathon: My first race of the fall is coming up in just a few short weeks and I’m excited! This is serving as a vacation for Bret and me, and the last thing I want to do is stress out about a non-goal race! I’ll stick to the plan Laura gave me and enjoy the sights!
- Do Runner’s Knee prevention exercises 1x/week: Since I’ve had some annoying knee pain, especially on my longer runs, I need to really attack the issue and make sure I’m strengthening my hips and glutes. Barre helps a lot with this, but I also need to make sure I do my clamshells and other specific exercises every week!
- Practice yoga 1x/week: I’ve missed practicing yoga and I know that it will help round out my fitness routine. Thankfully, we’re starting back up with classes this month and I signed up for 2x a week at work. Fingers crossed that I can get back in the groove as soon as possible!
How did you do with your running goals in August? What goals are you working towards this September?