With a new month, it’s time to set some new running goals!
I have to be honest…I didn’t do so well with my goals in October. But the good news is that I have a new month to reset and move forward! Do you look back on your goals and readjust? Keep reading to find out my plans for November!
I’m linking up with Marcia, Patty, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run, Susie, Debbie, Lora, and Rachel for the Running Coaches Corner and Annmarie, Nicole, and Jen for Wild Workout Wednesday!
October Running Goal Recap
Even though October just ended, it already feels like a lifetime ago! Much of my time was dedicated to training for the Rock ‘n Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon. It was my big goal race for the fall and I worked hard but the race-day humidity was too much for me and a PR wasn’t meant to be! I ended up running a total 75 miles in October – things definitely began to die down once the big race was over! Here is a recap of my running goals for October:
- Give my best effort at the Rock ‘n Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon: Grade: B. I have whined enough about how this race didn’t go as planned, so I won’t go there…but for the most part, I really did give my best effort to finish strong! I did have some really tough miles between 9 and 12 that almost made me want to quit…so I have to be honest and not give myself an A for effort!
- Foam roll every day in October: Grade: F. I started out the month strong, I had the app set on my phone, but the daily foam rolling just didn’t happen. This probably wasn’t a realistic goal. If I can prioritize foam rolling after each run, that would be huge progress.
- Find the right running shoes and buy MULTIPLE pairs: Grade: C. I bought a new pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 19’s on Amazon last month..but only one pair. Now I see that the 21’s are on the market, but I haven’t been to a running store to try them out yet. I’m willing to give them a shot since the 19’s are getting much harder to find online in my size and the 20’s weren’t my favorite. Otherwise, I may go back to trying the Adidas Supernovas, Nike Pegasus, or even Brooks Ghosts…running shoes are too complicated!
November Running Goals
- Run 2-3 days a week: I’m no longer in training mode but I’m still working with Coach Laura so that I can maintain my fitness before heading into my second ever marathon training season (and nope, I haven’t picked a race yet!)! I will try to get to 3 days a week when I can, but I’m not going to let myself get stressed if I can only running twice a week.
- Barre/yoga classes 3 days a week: This is what I’ve really been looking forward to! I feel so much stronger when I practice yoga consistently, and I’ve missed my time at the studio. I do have lunchtime yoga twice a week but I usually miss out on classes due to meeting conflicts. I’ve already started picking up more barre classes during the week and it’s been great to be back. I was welcomed with open arms on Monday night’s class. It’s great to have fitness friends 🙂
- Explore a new running trail or group: Now that I have a lot more freedom, I need to take advantage of it and go for a run somewhere new! I actually wrote a post about running trails in Philadelphia, but they are the tip of the iceberg – there are even more great places in the area that I haven’t visited. And I know I have teased about joining different running groups…remember my running group roundup series? I should try to get back to that, even though it’s a totally intimidating experience smh. Maybe I’ll try out Conshy Running, the Manayunk Beer Runners or Chasing Trail….whatever it is, Bret is going to have to come with me!
How did you do with your running goals in October? What goals are you working towards this November?