The spring racing season has come to a close for many of us and it’s often a time of the year where it seems that running is much more low-pressure. While you may not be training for a race right now, it’s still important to keep a good mileage base and supplement your fitness with cross-training!
Being a runner, it’s can be so easy to neglect cross-training, but you have to resist the temptation! To provide some inspiration, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to create a Running 101 post on the benefits of cross- training! Here are a few other Running 101 topics that I’ve covered in the past:
- How to Build a Support System as a New Runner
- Essential Gear for Running in the Rain
- How to Fight Your Negative Inner Voice
- How to Have a Successful Running Off-Season
- Greatest Tips for Summer Running
- How to Cope with a Running Injury